My pockets are down to the wire now and I still have to make dinner!

Yes, nearly empty.  Besides being broke, I am simply to tired and hot to cook in the kitchen today. But I still have to cook dinner for my family.  So, I have thought of making Chicken and Dumplings with veggies. 
This is a cost effective, delicious and filling meal.   Somebody had the brilliant idea to cook with whole wheat flour instead of white flour.  Now, I have to scramble and find a recipe for whole wheat dumplings!  I am boiling my chicken with Knorr pre-made chicken stock while I research on the internet.  I dipped my pinky finger in the pre-made stock to taste and surprisingly it actually tasted as if it were a homemade stock.   Yeah!  I am off to a good start!  This is working out fine.  I was able to find a whole wheat flour dumpling recipe.  I am going to share this recipe with you.  I hope you try it out and let me know what you think.

Chicken and Dumplings

1 Whole Chicken
1 pre-package Knorr Chicken Stock
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2tsp. salt
3 tablespoon safflower oil
1 cup skim milk

1. Mix dry ingredients
2. Add wet ingredient to dry ingredients.  Mix well.
3. Drop into Chicken boiling Stock.

I am going to try it tonight.  I will give you an update tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts